October 2021 Update
November 5, 2021
What I did:
- I won the NC Idea Micro grant! While $10,000 will certainly be helpful, I’m more excited for the mentorship and getting to know the other entrepreneurs.
- Shipped Requests For Webflow Apps - Not that much traction, but I did get a couple meetings out of it.
- Shipped Webflow JS Snippets - Best Twitter thread yet!
- Shipped Webflow Class Names - Not that much traction, but I did get some meetings out of it.
- Lots of networking. I had 11 meetings with Webflow creators.
- Learned more about Chrome extensions.
- I got invited to the Webflow Monthly Showcase for Experts!
What I didn’t do:
- Product took a back seat to networking and customer interviews.
- I didn’t ship a thread the last week of October and I haven’t been scheduling tweets.
- I haven’t been answering questions on the Webflow Forum.
What I learned or was reminded:
- My productivity is ruined if I’m distracted by Twitter or have too many meetings in the day. I turned off my Twitter notifications and will focus on scheduling all my meetings in chucks.
- @wmharris101 mentioned a marketing story I can’t get out of my head 👉 P.T. Barnum once had a man lay bricks in a line towards his museum. The man didn’t tell anyone what he was doing. People eventually became curious and followed him into the museum, and once there paid for a ticket. I need to funnel customers in, but I don’t necessarily have to mention Flow Phantom. I just have to lead them to Flow Phantom. My way of laying bricks could be making interesting resources for Webflow creators. Here's the link to the story 👉 How Barnum used bricks to build an audience.
- I’m guessing my thread on Webflow JS Snippets worked well because I gave Webflow creators a resource they could both use and share with their audience.
- I need to be more scientific about my customer discovery. After reading Talking to Humans I realized I wasn’t getting as much from my meetings as I could have.
- Twitter is better than emails for cold outreach.
- Improve set up.
- Add in cart and in checkout upsells.
- Film new setup videos.
- Get it ready for the Webflow Monthly Showcase for Experts.